Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 169

          I really just don't know how to set priorities. I always think I have them straight, and then I realize afterwards there was a much better way to prioritize my to do list. While I was seeing my last psychologist, she recommended writing down 3 things you want to get done each day in order of importance, for example: finish paper, change car oil, plan next week's menu. Importance in this case is defined by consequences. Paper is due tomorrow, car oil could wait another week, and no one will die if you don't menu plan even if it does save money. I have stopped doing that, and I feel like my grades have suffered because of it. On top or those three things, it is best to try to get them done ASAP. Try to set a specific time to get all of those things done, and while you can multitask, it's not recommended. You can work on a paper while at the shop getting your oil changed (if you don't do it yourself), but it'd be better just to sit down and get it done. Having remembered this, I'm going to start trying to prioritize better, and maybe then I'll be able to pass my Anatomy & Physiology II class. Well, I'm off to study for an A&P II test, wish me luck!

Lesson:

Learn to prioritize.


No comments:

Post a Comment