Friday, May 24, 2013

Day 192

         Consumerism has a hold on us all. We are not self sufficient. I admit, I am  part of the problem. There is a root to this belief system though. We must ask ourselves WHY consumerism plays such a large role in our lives. Why don't we want to be self sufficient? I'm pretty sure the answer is that we believe we deserve better than having to do our own work. We think that we are above any particular sort of work, and that someone else should have to do it. We all want to be rich and famous. We all want to have the money not to work. Really evaluate the type of morals behind this. Would I love not to work? My initial response is yes, but when I really start to think about it, unless I'm raising children (a full time job in itself) I would go crazy if I wasn't working. We have become shallow as a race, and I think it's time to take back our souls.
          The green revolutions is, in general, a bunch of hokum. Unless you're seeking sustainable product, you're still screwing the environment. I'm glad it's got more people looking at caring for this planet, but you should care about our planet because it's the only one we have, not because it's popular. Do your best, but also do your research. Those antibacterial soaps you're using are terrible for the environment and your health, yet no one seems to do their research. All bacteria are bad we're taught. Our bodies could not survive without bacteria. Please, do your research  Look at both sides, and take a stand. Take time to actually look at your life and decide whether or not you will follow what the corporations pay millions to tell you that you should.

Lesson:

Don't just follow the crowd; be informed.



No comments:

Post a Comment