Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 171

         This is more of a rant, so if you're not interested click away. Swagger vs Swag. I loath the word "Swag." I loath it in the most adamant way possible. There is NOTHING about this word like I like. Swag encourages young people that an education isn't important and that how you are perceived is how you are defined. A man can have swagger which I'm fairly neutral on, but it's an education that's attractive to me. Swag is a picture of what is wrong with our society. Swag is about disrespect towards oneself and others, along with outright laziness. We should be encouraging children to excel, not to float through life on "swag." Now, I understand the need to break away from mainstream society, but the manner in which individuals with "swag" do it, is just...disgusting. You deserve better, and the people around you deserve better. There are other ways to fight the system other than dressing above your budget and not paying your bills. It makes me sad that society has come to this. And while I am aware that it's my opinion, it changes nothing. I will not date men who use that word (or YOLO) for the sheer sake that I deserve better. I deserve and educated man who doesn't need a society approved lifestyle to succeed. I want a man, not a boy.

Lessons:

Opinions are just that, opinions. Take it or leave it.



No comments:

Post a Comment